Voting

Friday, June 26, 2009

7 Weeks





It's hard to believe that Brea is already 7 weeks old. I feel like it was just yesterday that Travis and I were headed to the hospital! She is definitely starting to develop her own little personality. She loves staring at the ceiling fans and the light coming through the blinds and up until yesterday they were the only thing that she would smile at. Travis finally got her to smile at him when she was in her bouncy chair which she loves. So far, she hasn't smiled at me but I'm sure it will just be a matter of days.


Overall she has been a good baby but still has that fussy time at night. She is so happy and fun during the day but as soon as 6pm rolls around it's time to cry. It was Travis' mom's birthday on Wednesday and after dinner we went over to surprise her with a cake and flowers. Brea, who normally falls asleep in her carseat decided not to and cried nonstop for 2 hours. Their dog Porter was going crazy with all of the noise...sometimes I'm glad our Max is deaf because I think Brea's crying would drive him nuts.

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief as we found someone to watch Brea when I go back to work at the end of July. I really wanted to have her in an "in home" setting for atleast the first couple years and we were able to find a stay at home mom willing to watch her. I'm not looking forward to going back to work but Travis and I have both agreed it is best for now. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom but it's amazing how my view changed once I had my own child. Maybe someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment